Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Christian or Republican???

today a customer came in to starbucks and was wearing a "vote democrat" pin. Sandy jokingly said, "hey Katie look at her pin." I saw it and smiled. Sandy knows I'm Republican and likes to "tease" (for lack of a better word) about it.

The Lady then proceeded to say when she was young she went along with what her parents told her to do, but when she became older and wiser she became democrat. She also told me that after reading the Gospels, she realized that her religion only supports the democratic party, and apparently liberals are theonly political party that helps the less fourtunate. She told me i will have to answer to God for my doings or lack there of. She kept insisting there was no way I could be a Christian and a republican.

I must have missed the 11th commandment, "Thou shall vote Democrat."

Personally, i think both political parties have problems. Can one political party be walking closer in the direction of God's plan than the other at a given time? It's possible. I know God didn't agree with slavery. I know he's not a supporter of gay marriage, or abortion, and know that God would like us to help the less fortunate.

my basic breakdown, Conservatives usually want less government and more personal responsibility, Fearing more government equals less freedom possibly leading to dictatorship, and Historically speaking, that's pretty accurate. Liberals tend to call for more government action in areas like social services. God wants us to have freedom & help others.

All I have to say:
God looks at the heart of the individual. NOT the D or R next to their name. we should do the same

even though I'm "republican" doesn't mean I don't help out the needy.

Making accusations like 'republicans hate the poor' is not very "christian-y"

A leader of a church should be godly, ethical, and a moral person, as should the leader of our country. No matter who the President is, (no matter whether i like them or not, or even if i voted for them or not,) we are commanded to honor and respect them. We should pray for our leaders on a daily basis to make the right, god-fearing decision.
Romans 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

We should be more concerned with the things of God not of the things of this world.
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Lastly, my dear customer, when i comes down to it, I vote for GOD.

and i am actually a monarchist waiting for the return of my KING.

1 comment:

  1. Well I could go on a hugeeee rant on that liberal tard but I will just say that I totally agree and love the " I'm just a monarchist waiting for the return of my king " line. Very profund.
    Becinotbecky :)

    ReplyDelete